Stir-Fry Vegetables with Brown Rice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 green onions finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger minced
- 4 cups fresh broccoli chopped
- ½ pound fresh green beans chopped
- 2 carrots peeled and sliced on diagonal
- 1 bell pepper red, yellow, or orange
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups greens chopped (kale, bok choy, spinach, collards, etc)
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts drained
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 ½ cups peas if frozen run under water to thaw
- ½ cup toasted sliced almonds
- Heat a deep skillet or wok over medium heat for about 1 minute. Add oil and heat for 1 minute.
- Add green onions and ginger. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli, green beans, carrots, bell pepper, and garlic. Stir fry for 8-10 minutes.
- Add greens and toss for about 2 minutes or until greens are wilted.
- Stir in water chestnuts, brown rice, soy sauce, peas, and almonds.
- Serve as a complete meal
Tip: Serve this dish as a complete main dish along with a side of sliced fruit such as oranges, pineapple or mango. This is also a great recipe to double and then use the leftovers for lunch. Merely heat in the microwave or eat at room temperature.