- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 green onions (finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger (minced)
- 4 cups fresh broccoli (chopped)
- ½ pound fresh green beans (chopped)
- 2 carrots (peeled and sliced on diagonal)
- 1 bell pepper (red, yellow, or orange)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 cups greens (chopped (kale, bok choy, spinach, collards, etc))
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts (drained)
- 1 cup of sliced mushrooms
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 ½ cups peas (if frozen run under water to thaw)
- ½ cup toasted sliced almonds
- Heat a deep skillet or wok over medium heat for about 1 minute. Add oil and heat for 1 minute.
- Add green onions and ginger. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli, green beans, carrots, bell pepper, and garlic. Stir fry for 8-10 minutes.
- Add greens and toss for about 2 minutes or until greens are wilted.
- Stir in water chestnuts, mushrooms, brown rice, soy sauce, peas, and almonds.
- Serve as a complete meal
Tip: Serve this dish as a complete main dish along with a side of sliced fruit such as oranges, pineapple or mango. This is also a great recipe to double and then use the leftovers for lunch. Merely heat in the microwave or eat at room temperature.