Black Bean Hummus
Servings: 8 Servings
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 16 ounce can black beans, drained (reserve liquid)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil to drizzle
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika sprinkle
- Crush garlic clove and place in food processor.
- Add black beans, lemon juice, tahini, cumin, salt and cayenne pepper; process until smooth.
- Add enough of the reserved liquid (1 tablespoon at a time) from the beans to reach desired consistency, pulsing after each addition.
- If desired, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika. Serve with baked tortilla chips, crackers, or sliced vegetables.