Black Bean Hummus
Servings: 8 Servings
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 16 ounce can black beans drained (reserve liquid)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil to drizzle
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika sprinkle
- Crush garlic clove and place in food processor.
- Add black beans, lemon juice, tahini, cumin, salt and cayenne pepper; process until smooth.
- Add enough of the reserved liquid (1 tablespoon at a time) from the beans to reach desired consistency, pulsing after each addition.
- If desired, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika. Serve with baked tortilla chips, crackers, or sliced vegetables.
Where can you get this tahini? Is it a powder, a liquid??
Tahini is a paste made from sesame seeds. It looks a lot like peanut butter. You can find it in most supermarkets in their natural foods section. You can also find it in natural food stores.
Be blessed on your fast.
This is my favorite thing to make on The Daniel Fast! I love so much I make it all year round and for parties. Thanks for the recipe it is amazing ?!!!
Yes, it’s a really good recipe, right? I too make it all year round. I also really like that it’s so economical, flavorful, and has no added oil.
Be blessed on your fast. And thanks for your post.