- 2 ½ cups fine whole wheat flour (you can usually find this in the natural foods section of the supermarket or with the bulk foods)
- 2 cups water (or enough to make a soft dough)
- 1 pinch salt
- Mix flour and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Make a hole in flour and using your hand, mix in water to make soft dough.
- Knead for five minutes, return to the bowl, cover with wet cloth and refrigerate for an hour.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium high heat until very hot.
- Roll out 1/2 a handful of dough into a flat round shape and place in pan, cooking for 1 minute on each side
- Once turned, press gently with a towel, until brown.
- Repeat until all dough is used.