The New Year Fast
Beginning at Sundown on Sunday, January 5th*
One More Day – Begin Your Fast Tonight
Then I set my face toward the Lord God to make request by prayer and supplications, with fasting, sackcloth, and ashes.
Your Day of Final Preparation
My hope for you is that you’re ready – or almost ready – and that your heart is filled with anticipation as you plan to begin your fast at sundown this evening. Oh, praise God and thank Him now for the many blessings you’ll receive from Him during your Daniel Fast.
Today is your time to tie up loose ends so you can step into your Daniel Fast experience with confidence and joy. So much awaits you.
If you’re running a little late on your preparation, I encourage you to devote some time today to get ready for your fast. Here are a few things you can do:
- Enroll in the Daniel Fast 2020 – Only Believe course. You’ll have everything you need and more to gain from a successful fasting experience. Click on the link above to learn more. If you choose not to use the course, click over to Amazon and get the Kindle edition of The Daniel Fast: feed your soul, strengthen your spirit, and renew your body. The bestselling good includes valuable background about the fast, plus recipes and a daily devotional.
- Run to the store. Grab a bag of prepared salad greens, a can of red beans, some raw nuts, and a bottle of Newman’s Own Oil & Vinegar Salad Dressing. Also, a few apples, a package of Lundberg’s Rice Cakes, and a jar of Adam’s Peanut Butter. These items will get you started for dinner tonight and breakfast tomorrow. Then plan the rest of your meals when you have more time.
- Decide on the purpose of your fast, schedule daily time to meet with the Lord, and gather any study materials you may need.
- Begin your fast at sundown and step into a powerful spiritual experience led by Christ and honored by God.
Ok, here’s the bitter pill I encourage you to take if you’re just now getting ready for the Daniel Fast. I’m handing you this dose of personal development medicine because of one of the most valuable benefits of fasting and coming to our God, it what we learn about ourselves. So here goes . . .
Is rushing around and trying to get things done at the last minute a pattern for you? Is the stress, along with the mediocre results you experience, discouraging for you? Do you want to change?
So change. Use this insight about yourself as an opportunity to change your behavior. Slow down. Plan ahead. Experience better results. And do it all while standing on the truths of our Lord. By the way, He’s a master planner!
Meanwhile, I hope the very best for you on your Daniel Fast. If you’re already prepared, I know the joy you feel. Celebrate that joy. Thank God that He nudged you to prepare. And open your heart to the revelations that you’ll receive during your fast.
Jesus says, “I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.” Unlike how we operate in the world where we “believe it when we see it,” Jesus calls us to enter into a partnership, level of trust, and position of faith with Him to believe that He will fulfill the requests we have for our needs and desires.
Sadly, most Christians are told “to believe,” however rarely are we taught “how to believe.”
That’s the focus of our Daniel Fast course for 2020. A series of online teachings that you can access from your computer, tablet, phone or other digital devices, will lead you on a path where you will learn how to ask the Lord for your desires and needs. Then how to enter into a place of trust and assurance, so you do “only believe.” And then how to receive from the Lord as He fulfills your requests.
Check out the course using this link: Daniel Fast – Only Believe
Enter into a life-changing experience with your Father. Allow the Holy Spirit to minister to you as you learn how to increase your faith, deepen your trust in God, and discover how to “only believe.”
Your Next Steps
- Decide that you will not indulge the flesh during your Daniel Fast. Instead, begin thinking about your spiritual life and what you want for your faith.
- Consider your upcoming fast. Start thinking about when you will begin. Examine your heart and what the purpose of our fast will be. Think about how you can lighten your load during your fast so you can receive more from the loving Father.
- Start to collect recipes and meal plans for simple, nutritious, and easy meals, so you don’t spend so much time preparing meals, but instead focus on God.
- There is no hard rule for when to start the New Year Fast. Most often, the fast begins at sunset on the first Sunday of the New Year. However, if you or your community choose another day, then that is 100 percent ok. Allow the Lord to lead you on when you can be most successful for your fast.
Now is the perfect time for you to begin preparing your spirit, soul, and body for the upcoming New Year Fast. You’ll join hundreds of thousands of followers of Jesus Christ as you dedicate the coming year to your Lord. Plus, you’ll enter into one of the most influential spiritual experiences as you commit yourself to the 21 days of extended prayer and fasting.
We always value your thoughts and insights. Please leave your comments below and be blessed on your fast.