- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 1 pound green string beans (broken in half)
- 1 16 ounce can white beans (drained)
- 1 package frozen or fresh spinach
- 4 cups water
- 6 zucchini (chunked)
- 4 yellow squash (chunked)
- 2 cups celery leaves
- 4 tomatoes (quartered)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices lemon
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Lightly brown onions in a hot dry skillet in 2 tablespoons oil.
- Add oregano and garlic, cook 1 minute.
- Add 4 cups water and tomatoes. Cook 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients. Cook covered for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with a lemon slice in each bowl