SOUTHWEST CORN AND BLACK BEAN SALAD
- 1 ½ cups corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 1. Place pine nuts in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat and cook, stirring, untilfragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
- 2. Whisk lime juice, oil, cilantro, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the corn, pine nuts, beans, cabbage, tomato and onion; toss to coat. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 3. Freshly ground pepper and salt to taste just before serving