APPLE AND OAT PORRIDGE
- 4 cups water
- 1 ½ cups oat bran (not oatmeal)
- 1 large apple - peeled/cored and chopped into very small pieces
- 1/3 cup raisins
- ½ teaspoon ground caraway seeds
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Soy milk for serving (optional)
- 1. In a 2 quarts sauce pan over high heat, bring the water to a boil. Stir in the oat bran and allow water to return to a boil.
- 2. Reduce heat to low and cook for two minutes - stirring often.
- 3. After two minutes, turn off heat. Stir in the apple, raisins, and spices. Let stand until apple pieces soften - about 5 minutes - stirring occasionally.
- 4. Divide hot cereal evenly among 4 bowls. Serve with the soy milk if desired.