Garden Vegetable Soup
Servings: 6 servings
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped leeks white part only (from approximately 3 medium leeks)
- 2 tablespoons finely minced garlic
- 2 cups carrots peeled and chopped into rounds (approximately 2 medium)
- 2 cups peeled and diced potatoes
- 2 cups fresh green beans broken or cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 quarts vegetable broth
- 4 cups peeled, seeded, and chopped tomatoes
- 2 ears corn kernels removed
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup packed chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 - 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Heat the oil in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the leeks and garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until tender-crisp, stirring often. Add the carrots, potatoes, and green beans; cook until tender-crisp.
- Add the broth, tomatoes, and corn and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the parsley and brighten with a squeeze of lemon.