TOFU BREAKFAST SCRAMBLE
- 1 box firm tofu
- 1 zucchini, diced small
- 1 tomato, diced
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste / Tomato paste if desired
- 1. Spray pan with 100% olive oil spray
- 2. Add all ingredients and fry until vegetables are soft and ready to eat.
- 3. Salt and pepper to taste
- 4. Serve with tomato paste
POTATO AND GREEN ONION FRITTATA
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4-5 green onions, chopped with the green and white parts separated
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium potatoes, shredded (or 2 cups of frozen shredded potatoes)
- 2 tsp. salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp. pepper, divided
- 2 lb. firm tofu
- 2-3 Tbsp. soy sauce, to taste
- 1. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and the white part of the green onions and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 2. Add the garlic and heat for another 30 seconds.
- 3. Increase the heat to medium-high and add the potatoes, 1 tsp. of the salt, and 1/4 tsp. of the pepper. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, flipping the potatoes regularly until they are well-browned.
- 4. Blend the remaining salt and pepper, the tofu, and soy sauce in a food processor until they are creamy.
- 5. Pour creamy mixture and the green part of the green onions over the fried potatoes and mix. Pour this mixture into a large, oiled pie or tart pan.
- 6. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until the center is firm. Allow the frittata to cool for 10 minutes then invert onto a serving plate.
APPLE AND OAT PORRIDGE
- 4 cups water
- 1 ½ cups oat bran (not oatmeal)
- 1 large apple - peeled/cored and chopped into very small pieces
- 1/3 cup raisins
- ½ teaspoon ground caraway seeds
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Soy milk for serving (optional)
- 1. In a 2 quarts sauce pan over high heat, bring the water to a boil. Stir in the oat bran and allow water to return to a boil.
- 2. Reduce heat to low and cook for two minutes - stirring often.
- 3. After two minutes, turn off heat. Stir in the apple, raisins, and spices. Let stand until apple pieces soften - about 5 minutes - stirring occasionally.
- 4. Divide hot cereal evenly among 4 bowls. Serve with the soy milk if desired.