Delicious Bean and Rice Salad
This is a great salad for all times of the year! It’s great for the Daniel Fast, plus you will be the hit of the potluck with this offering! The salad goes together quickly, but it’s best slightly chilled, so you will want to plan ahead.
Servings: 8 Servings
- 1 can garbanzo beans drained
- 1 can black beans drained
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- ½ cup green onion chopped
- 2 stalks celery sliced
- ½ green bell pepper chopped
- ½ red bell pepper chopped
- 1 4 ounce can chopped green chilies
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed under running water
- 1 cup frozen peas thawed under running water
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro or Italian parsley
- 1 cup soy mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients except soy mayonnaise and seasoning into a large bowl.
- Stir in soy mayonnaise until all ingredients are well coated
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill for about 2 hours before serving.